iWHY NEW YORK CITY ? l
Now is the time to look closely at innovation initiatives! NUMA’s ecosystem will allow you to discover innovation.
A New York learning expedition aims to: provide a comprehensive overview of innovation thanks to the combination of key players and formats, challenging participants’ comfort zone; and enabling participants to learn more about new models relevant for their industry.
New York is rated the #2 tech ecosystem in the world according to Compass
- 1.9B in Venture Capital
- 15 Unicorns spanning e-commerce (Etsy $3.5B, Gilt Group $1.1B), media (Buzzfeed $1.5B, Vice Media $2.5B), health tech (ZocDoc $1.8B, Oscar $1.75B), Social (Tumblr, $1.1B, Sprinklr $1.22B), as well as other sectors.
- Over 19,000 startups in the ecosystem spanning many industries including Media, AdTech, Health Tech, Ed-Tech, Fashion-Tech, Fin-Tech, IoT, Robotics and Automation, Retail, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Blockchain, and more
- New York has been the epicenter of various industries; hence the ability to innovate next to key players, industries, and strategic partners is invaluable
- Headquarters for Fortune 100s
- 65+ Accelerators
- 130+ coworking spaces
- $5.3B in Angel Investments
iNEW YORK - 4 DAY PROGRAM (FLEXIBLE)l
Arrival + Breakfast at NUMA New York
Workshop: Networking Étiquette
Introduction to New York Ecosystem, Networking Etiquette and Best Practices
Tech Tour of New York to discover the greatest tech places in the city (coworking, accelerators, innovation hubs, etc.)
Happy Hour w/ curated community
Workshop: Intro to Lean / Design Thinking Methodologies
Fireside Chat with Founder in Industry
(Lunch time with startups)
Tour of Major Tech Companies (Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, Google.. to be defined w/ you)
Fireside Chat with Startup VC in your industry
Workshop: Presentation of ‘New Working Methodologies’ and how to retain a new generation of talent
Tech Tour of Accelerators or educational institutions (NYU Future Labs, Techstars, Y Combinator, etc… to be defined w/ you)
Breakfast with NUMA New York
Meeting with Curated Startup from your industry
Customized tour at industry corporates and startups headquartered in desired industry (Fashion, Finance, Media, Retail, Health, etc.)
iSUGGESTED TIMING & EVENTS l
TechCrunch Disrupt (May 15)
Smart Cities NYC (May 3-6)
CONSENSUS Blockchain Summit (May 22-24)
Bloomberg Breakaway (May 2-3)
BEHAVE Marketing Summit (May 7-9)
Cloud Computing Expo (June 6-8)
WIRED Business conference (June 7)
Developer Week NYC (June 19-20)
Future of Fintech (June 26-28)
O’Reilly AI Conference (June 26-29)
French Touch Conference (June 27-28)
CEWeek B2E/Product Conference (July 12-13)
NYC School Tech Summit (July 26)
In|Vest Conference (July 11-12)
Ignite Digital Health (July 13-14)
Finovate FinTech Summit (Sept 11-12)
New York Media Festival (Sept 25-27)
New York Fashion Week (Sept 7-15)
Digital Government Summit (Sept 21-22)
VR 20/20 Summit (Oct 17)
New York Tech Week (Oct 16-20)
AD:Tech NY (Nov 1-2)
iWHY NUMA NEW YORK ? l
- The team at NUMA New York is incredibly connected in the New York ecosystem and is able to immediately connect startup partners with trusted relationships and resources.
- We aren’t one size fits all. We have connections through various industry verticals and are able to make the right introductions based on specific business needs tailored to individual startups.
- Access to Alumni that have gone through the process of scaling startups into the U.S. market successfully.
- Structured support and expertise that will take startups that want to have global reach to the next level.
- Access to a global network, i.e. partners like Google for Entrepreneurs and the Global Accelerator Network, etc.